Auchavan Estate provides the breathtaking setting for three beautifuly appointed cottages in the Cairngorms National Park, Glenisla. They are situated at the top of the Glen and are ideal for walkers, cyclists, country pursuits or people just looking for a fantastic holiday.
The cottages are dog friendly and child friendly too (with the exception of The Hayloft). We also welcome shooting parties and those interested in stalking; all of which can be arranged for you. The Glenshee Ski centre is close by, as is the Cateran Trail. All of the cottages - Presnerb, The Stables and The Hayloft have been recently upgraded to a 4 or 5 star standard, with The Hayloft featuring architectural design and a sauna. They are a perfect getaway in the Angus area for a self-catering holiday.
- Enjoy the peace and tranquillity and the abundant wildlife in the heart of this highland estate.
- Visit the lochs to the west or the beautiful coast and beaches to the east.
- For the more active there is superb hill walking, mountain biking and cycling from your doorstep to suit all abilities.
- Glenshee ski slopes are close-by in winter and in summer golfers are spoilt for choice by many first class courses.
- During your stay why not visit some of the nearby famous attractions: Balmoral, Blair, Glamis Castles and Scone Palace are all within an hour's drive.
- For golf fans there are 7 courses within a 30 minute drive or St Andrews and Carnoustie are also within reach. For some family fun the 9-hole highland course at Dalmunzie Hotel, Spittal of Glenshee should not be missed.
- For shoppers why not visit House of Bruar ('Harrods in the Hills') or if you fancy a wee dram then stop off at Edradour distillery by Pitlochry followed by an evening at the renowned festival theatre nearby.